We believe every employee deserves a memorable work experience!
Are you interested in HealthTech and want to join an exciting and fast-growing company?
Do you have a background in cognitive neurosciences with data analytics as a key capability? Do you want to apply these skills to real world digital products? Then MoCA Cognition has your ideal job and would like to hear from you.
Through research and innovation, we provide for the most accurate assessment of cognitive performance. Our leading cognitive screening tools result in early diagnoses and treatment plans to improve brain health and well-being. Our mission is fueled by our passionate belief that everyone deserves a memorable life.
MoCA Cognition offers a competitive compensation package, a dynamic environment and a company culture based on fun, creativity, and teamwork. From our comfortable office space that sits atop our affiliated clinic and research center—just south of Downtown Montreal—we maintain strong relationships with leading healthcare institutions, universities, and innovative companies around the world.
Our technology, research, and business teams work together to develop and deliver innovative solutions used in the battle against Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive decline. If you are passionate about digital technologies in healthcare and want to be a part of a data driven scaleup team, making a positive impact on individuals’ lives then look no further.
The Director of Scientific Research has the primary role of being responsible for scientific research both within MoCA Cognition as well as with external partners. Due to the increasing focus on data, many of these projects will be related to both data collection as well as the subsequent data analytics to either validate our products or discover new digital biomarkers.
The role requires an ability to keep abreast of the latest literature in cognition and neurodegenerative diseases and maintain relationships with academia to manage the content of study protocols. At the same time the candidate needs the hands-on attitude to perform or guide everything related to the data pipeline and the subsequent analytics.
The role requires the ability to maintain strong scientific rigour, reporting accuracy and organizational skills while at the same time combine this with the speed and pragmatism that is needed to create a new digital product in a fast-paced start-up environment.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for developing the understanding of the medical needs in cognition and how these can be addressed with data rich solutions.
- Perform hands on data analytics with software packages for statistical analysis such as SPSS.
- Direct the development of systems, practices, and processes to ensure efficient and effective medical validity, including clinical study management, data analysis, final study report and publication.
- Review and/or assist in the preparation of Clinical Study Reports (CSRs), or other study documentation (Protocols etc.,)
- Maintain a high level of competence with assigned projects, including knowledge of project review of relevant therapeutic/clinical literature and attendance in conferences and meetings.
- Craft study designs, clinical documents, and analysis plans; oversee safety monitoring of clinical studies and manage any reporting for investigational and/or marketed devices.
- Structure the data pipeline for high quality study data that will lay the foundations for future analytics and digital product features.
- Oversee clinical operations for both sponsor-driven and investigator-initiated studies: management of staff, consultants, and Contract Research Organization (CRO); facilitate IRB/ethics committee approvals and alignment with GCP/Health Canada/FDA requirements and compliance; manage contract and budgetary requirements and ensure compliance to budget expenditures.
- Monitor and report on study management metrics, study status and outcomes; coordinate study data reviews; co-author and coordinate manuscript preparation for submission or of white papers (as needed)
- Help to identify thought leaders within the realm of healthcare providers involved with our targeted audiences and collaborate with them to enhance the awareness of MoCA; solicit appropriate investigator-initiated studies/collaborations.
Who You Are
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D.’s Degree, in a clinically relevant field, in life sciences, biological science, or computational neuroscience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in supporting company-sponsored and/or investigator-initiated clinical research evaluating product efficacy and safety (therapeutic or diagnostic).
- Experience in Cognition and/or neurology.
- Strong research abilities and experience conducting literature reviews and statistical analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a fully contributing member of a multi-functional fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and external members of the healthcare community.
Pay & Benefits
- A dynamic and growing company which values collaboration and diversity of opinions and ideas.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Great benefits including group insurance, group RRSP, DPSP, bank for sick/personal days and paid leave during Christmas holiday.
- Hybrid work.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to make a significant impact within a rapidly growing medical technology company. The successful candidate will have the chance to shape the future of Alzheimer’s assessment and contribute to groundbreaking advancements in cognitive healthcare.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.